jueves, 28 de enero de 2010

HE WISHES FOR THE CLOTHS OF HEAVEN

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But, I being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dremas under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
----------------------------------------------

DESEA ÉL LOS PAÑOS DEL CIELO
Si del cielo tuviera yo los bordados paños,
bordados de dorada y plateada luz,
los azules, los mates y los oscuros paños
de la noche y del día y de la media luz,
si los tuviera yo, los pondría a tus pies:
pero, como soy pobre, solo tengo mis sueños;
y tan solo mis sueños he puesto yo a tus pies;
pisa con tiento entonces, porque pisas mis sueños.