jueves, 1 de enero de 2015

Brinda por mí sólo con los ojos. Drink to me only with thine eyes,


 
Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine;
Or leave a kiss within the cup,
And I'll not ask for wine.
The thirst that from the soul doth rise
Doth ask a drink divine;
But might I of Jove's nectar sup,
I would not change for thine.

I sent the late a rosy wreath,
Not so much honouring thee,
As giving it a hope that there
It could not withered be.
But thou thereon didst only breathe
And send’s it back to me:
Since when it grows, and smells, I swear
Not of itself, but thee.



Brinda por mí sólo con los ojos
Y yo haré un brindis con los míos,
O soltaré un beso en la copa,
Y no pediré más vino.
La sed que nace del alma
Reclama un vino divino,
Y aunque pudiese beber el néctar de Jove,
No lo cambiaría por el tuyo.

Una guirnalda de flores te fue enviada,
No tanto para honrarte
Sino para darle la esperanza
de que no se marchitara;
Mas sobre ella apenas respiraste
Y la enviaste de nuevo hacia mí;
Desde entonces crece y huele, lo juro,
no a sí misma, sino a ti.

  Ben Jonson